Thursday, December 29, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?!

Wow!  I knew it had been a little while since I last blogged, but I didn't realize that it's been three whole weeks!  (It's a little sad when your grandma calls to check on you because you haven't posted anything to your blog or facebook for a while.)  As I mentioned before, I started a new job mid-November.  This new job (teaching at the OSU Child Development Lab-Rise Program) has taken A LOT of my time recently!  Since I started, we have had a parent night and 19 parent teacher conferences (for which I had to complete assessment packets beyond any I've ever done... luckily we team teach and I only had to do packets for half of the kids).  I felt like I was in college again staying up until midnight or later to complete paperwork in preparation for everything.  That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed being back in the classroom!!!  It's so nice to feel like my life has a purpose again.

OK, OK, enough about that.  Since I haven't posted in so long, I will be posting a few times over the next few days trying to catch up.  First up, we have some Christmas decor pictures.

For the last couple of years, we have put up outdoor lights.  Last year, we bought white LED lights that ended up looking blueish on the house.  This year, we moved last year's lights to the trees and bought multi-colored lights for the house.  I seriously love them!  (Sorry for the not-so-great picture.  I was trying to take it quickly so my neighbors wouldn't think I'm nuts {as if they don't already}.)

Sam finished this nativity scene a few days before Christmas last year.  It was so nice to have it out for the entire holiday season this year. 

After Christmas last year, I made this wreath using $4 worth of ornaments from the clearance aisle.  It might be one of my favorite Christmas decorations!

Another post-Christmas purchase from last year was this nativity set.  I honestly forgot about it until I found it while unpacking the decorations this year.  I think it is a great match with this printable featuring Luke 2: 13-14.

Here is the obligatory tree picture.  Notice there aren't any presents under it... I didn't wrap any presents until Christmas eve eve.  Who am I kidding?  As of Wednesday of last week I had only bought three gifts!  The tree skirt was my Great-Grandma's.

Last, but definitely not least, here is our Christmas card from this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment