Saturday, February 7, 2015

Ringing in the New Year

After we celebrated Christmas with all of my family, Joseph stayed at my sister's house for a few days.  December 30, I met my mom after work to let Sarah go home with her for a couple of days (my mom and sister live just a couple of miles away from each other).  December 31, I woke up and did what any stay-at-home mom who finds herself with an entire kid free day would do...

I ate donuts for breakfast,

got my hair did,

and went shopping.

I had no choice but to go shopping because I needed something to wear that night.  You see, I had been trying to get Sam to make plans for new year's eve (since we would be kid free and all), and he kept being vague about what he wanted to do.  Then he started mentioning going to Oklahoma City for the evening which was fine with me since we would be an hour closer to our babies the next morning.  Finally, he told me that he had purchased tickets for us to go see the musical The Book of Mormon. 

I was a little hesitant since I knew it was somewhat controversial, but had also heard it was hilarious, so I decided to give it a try.  Turns out, there were a couple scenes that did make me feel pretty uncomfortable, but all in all I laughed a lot. 

Did I mention that I had a handsome date?

Somehow this is the only couple picture we managed from the night.  Oh well, at least you can kind of see my gold dress and Sam's matching tie. 
 
Oh, and in case you're curious what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has to say about the musical (because I was), you can read it here.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment