Monday, October 22, 2012

Oktoberfest

Since we're always looking for fun, new things to do, Sam and I decided to go to the Tulsa Oktoberfest last week.  We also thought it was a great time to make our little man his first costume... lederhosen.  Since I was unable to find a pattern or online tutorial, I did the best I could to make what I feel like are a decent replica.  I realize the hat is a little Peter Panish, but its the closest tutorial I could find (she added an elastic chin strap, but I didn't have to since Joseph never tried to take it off his head).  My favorite comment of the night was, "He even looks German."  Ha!  He's 3/8 German, so I can see why someone might think that.


Doesn't he look thrilled to be there.

Appearantly, we weren't the only ones with the bright idea to go on Thursday night and beat the crowd.

We listened to lots of great music? 

We couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of Joseph with people in authentic German attire.

This guy asked if we were taking a before and after photo.

Joseph wasn't too sure about the giant chicken.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Before & after picture!! BRILLIANT! That guy ROCKS! And baby J is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete