Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Joseph is 16 Months Old!

My sweet little boy is 16 months old today!  He is definitely not a baby anymore which is both encouraging and sad at the same time.  At his 15 month check up a couple of weeks ago, he was 31 inches tall and weighed just over 25 pounds.  That puts him just under 50% in height and just over 50% in weight or, as I like to say, perfectly average :).  I'm not even sure how many teeth he has because he has some partial molars and I'm not sure how to count them, but he does have four teeth each on top and bottom in front as well as canines starting to come in.  He still loves his "daw-guhs" and does a great job petting them gently (don't worry, they are never unsupervised).  Speaking of cute words he says, he says "yum-may" when he likes what he's eating (we hear this at almost every meal) and walks around saying "hewo" into his pretend phone (although he doesn't like to talk into the real phone).  He also tries to say sentences, but we can only understand a word or two if we are lucky.  He will repeat the exact same "sentence" three or four times before giving up on us understanding. 

Joseph is also into everything!  He has learned how to push chairs around then climb onto them to get what he wants off of tables and counters.  He also likes to hide in places like the bottom cabinet in the hall (he can shut the door completely behind him) and will sit there quietly while you look for him then come out giggling (this has caused momma a little stress).  Most of the time when he hides, he does it right in front of you then says "oh no" because he hears me say, "oh no, Joseph is missing."

With all the appointments and such that we've had going on lately, I haven't really taken many pictures, but I do have a few to share with you. 

Sam's grandpa had a birthday in August, so we went to his parents house to celebrate.  While we were there, Joseph helped Uncle Ben and Grandpa Parks adjust the pedals on his tractor in hopes that he could finally reach them.

Uncle Josh even helped push him around for a little while. 

I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not, but my boys got me a family zoo pass for Mother's Day.  Joseph and I have taken advantage of this by stopping at the zoo anytime we find ourselves in the city with a little free time.  To be honest, I plan appointments in the city for either late afternoon or early morning so we can go to the zoo.

Sometimes, we even have friends join us.

On this particular day, I had an appointment with my high risk doctor too.  Doesn't Joseph look thrilled.

The only part of the ultrasound he cared about was when you could see and hear the heart beating (when they turned that part off he said "again, again").

If you ever see my husband when he is dressed casually, he probably has on a shirt for a band he likes.  I couldn't pass up this Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt when I saw it for Joseph.  Sam was even a good sport and dressed alike for the day. 

We also recently met up with cousin Bryar and Aunt Moo at Papa Joe's.  My dad pulled a tractor he was working on up into the backyard for the boys to explore which made their day!  Here is Bryar as it approached.

They got to climb up in the cab and pretend to drive (they weren't happy about pausing for a picture).

 As well as explore the outside.


Peanut heard all the commotion and decided to see what was going on, the boys were excited to see Peanut too.


I love that Joseph has a cousin so close in age!  There is no telling what kind of trouble these two will get into together as they get older!


0 comments:

Post a Comment