Monday, January 31, 2011

I Just Want Her to be Remembered

Disclaimer:  Sometimes I will talk about Aubrey on here.  It doesn't mean I'm having a bad day or that I'm looking for sympathy.  All it means is that I don't want her to be forgotten.   

I would like to share with you a song that very accurately describes how we feel following the loss of Aubrey.  It was written by Todd Smith of the Christian group Selah after doctors told him and his wife that their unborn daughter, Audrey, was missing several vital organs.  Doctors suggested that they terminate the pregnancy, but they chose to carry her. 

Todd's wife, Angie, also wrote a book titled I Will Carry You.  It is an amazing story of how they prepared for the day they got to hold their daughter in their arms and how they continued to look to the Lord after she was gone.  I highly recommend it.  I read it shortly after we lost Aubrey and couldn't believe how similar her feelings were to my own. 

I thank God every day that he gave us Aubrey, even if it was just for a short time.  I can honestly say that the day Aubrey was born was one of the best days of my life.  On that day I got to see, smell, hold and kiss my sweet angel.  Aubrey, Mommy loves you and can't wait to see you again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment