Sunday, June 8, 2014

Joseph is TWO!!!

It's so hard to believe that our sweet little boy is already two years old!  I had planned on writing this prior to his birthday so I could post it on the actual day, but I've been at a loss of words as to what to say.  Nothing I can think of to write seems sufficient for this marvelous boy, so I guess I'll just do my best.  He has truly put a Band-Aid on my heart.  I couldn't imagine life without him.

Joseph,
I love you more than I can ever express.  When I tell you that I love you, you usually respond one of two ways.  Most of the time, you reply, "I wuv you, Mommy."  Sometimes, you simply say, "I know."  I want you to always know that I love you and there is nothing you can ever do to change that, that's why I tell you so often. 

You give hugs and kisses freely to all family members.  Sometimes you declare "famwy hug" and reach out for all of us.  Family hugs are now one of my favorite things.

The phrase I hear out of your mouth more often than any other these days is "Momma, wook at me!"  This is usually followed by you doing something you think is really cool.  You have an amazing attitude about everything and celebrate even the smallest accomplishments, both for you and your sister.

You have a very inquisitive mind.  You will manipulate an object until you figure out how and why it works.  There have been a few casualties due to this curiosity.  Your daddy loves that you want to figure stuff out and encourages you when you get frustrated.  You often say, "Oh no, it bwoke." and "I fix it."

Speaking of daddy, you love him and want to do everything he does!  You mimic daddy all the way from wanting to drink tea with dinner like him (you usually settle for milk) to using the exact tool he is using at the moment when working in the garage.  The other day, you opened the front door, pretended to walk in, said, "I'm home," then came over and gave me a kiss, just like you see your daddy do every night.

You are a funny kid which is great because you love to make people laugh.  Even friends of mine with kids your age are amazed at some of the funny things you say.  If you don't have anything funny to say, you make a face at me.  This often happens when I look in the rearview mirror to check on you guys at stop lights.

One of your funny faces is an exaggerated smile.  It makes me laugh every time!

You have two speeds: sleeping and running.  In fact, you often say, "Momma, run!" even when we are just walking through the house to your bedroom to change your diaper.  You seriously run any time you can.  It's an adorable run, too, with your little fists pumping the air as you go.

I think it's safe to say cousin Bryar is your best friend right now.  You're always excited to facetime with him!  There have also been times when I've told you we need to get ready to go to a playdate with someone and you've responded with, "No.  Pway Bryar."

This is when Bryar called and sang you "Happy Birthday" on, well, your birthday.

You also love your sister.  Even though we refer to her as Sarah most of the time, you have taken to calling her Sissy (although you have recently started calling her Sarah which makes me a tiny bit sad).  You are very protective of her and always make sure she has what she needs.  I've joked that she will never need to talk or walk because you bring her everything she could possibly want/need.  I really think you do this because you don't like listening to her cry.

I often dress you and your sister in coordinating clothes.  Some day I will stop, but for now you don't mind.  

You even ask for a matching shirt sometimes (especially if she is wearing a "Funder" or Pete shirt).

Every night and at nap time, you want tucked in with your feet sticking out the bottom of your blanket, bear under one arm, frog under the other.  This happens after we brush your teeth, read books, and say a prayer.  You love your routines, yet you are still able to go with the flow when we need you to.  I love this about you.  When you wake up, you stand in your crib (yes, you still sleep in a crib) and announce, "I weady get up now." repeatedly until we get you. 

I hope and pray you always stay as sweet and considerate as you are now.  You use good manners most of the time including saying please and thank you and holding the door open for people.  You share your toys without hesitation (most of the time) and use gentle touches with your friends.  You have an ornery streak, but it's all in good fun and not at other people's expense.  You are so loved by everyone in your family!
 
I can't wait to see how you grow this year!  They say the twos are difficult, but I have a feeling they will be just as much fun as the last two years have been.  

I love you more than you'll ever know!
Momma


For Joseph's birthday this year, all he asked for was cake and ice cream.  Sam came up with a shirt idea for him to wear on his special day based on his requests (it says cake and ice cream day). 

Since we were out of town on his actual birthday, we didn't get to have a party that day.  We did make sure we ate some cake and ice cream, though.

We celebrated at home a couple of weeks later.  It was a simple event with minimal decorations.  We grilled steaks and hamburgers and had an ice cream cake.  Joseph even wore the same cake and ice cream day shirt.  Sometimes even crafty (or so they think) mommas desire a laid back party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment