Monday, March 14, 2011

The 'B' Word

There are a couple of words you don't say around the Parks' house unless you really mean it.  The 'B' word is one of them.  What word am I talking about?  I'm talking about the word bath!  I don't know why, but our dogs love baths!  I made the mistake of mentioning earlier that I might give them a bath this afternoon and it was on, anytime I started to walk to that end of the house they ran past me and stood at the bathroom door. 

We have a routine when it comes to bath time and it goes something like this.  First, I sneak into the bathroom to get out their shampoo and take out the bathmats.  Then I get a few towels out of the hall closet (because I don't want to use my good towels on them).  When they see me get the towels Rufus starts spinning and I worry that Bella's tail is going to knock a hole in the wall.  We then enter the bathroom together.  I open the shower and Rufus hops in.  Rufus drinks water like he hasn't had anything to drink in a week while I adjust the temperature.  I wash Rufus while Bella supervises over my shoulder.  After I wash Rufus I turn off the water, at this point Bella starts getting really excited because she knows that her turn is next.  While I towel dry Rufus, Bella climbs into the bathtub and stands patiently waiting for me to wash her.  I then climb in the bathtub with Bella and shut the shower door so Rufus won't jump back in (that boy LOVES water).  I don't know if any of you have ever given a Great Dane a bath or not, but it's no small task, to say I end up wet would be an understatement I would love to be able to give her a bath without getting wet, but she's so big she can't turn around in the bathtub, thus I have to reach over her, thus I get wet.  Just for laughs, here is a picture of Bella in the bathtub.

Have I ever mentioned that small spaces make Bella nervous and that she licks her lips when she's nervous?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment