Friday, March 25, 2011

Paperwork Pregnancy - Month 2

Since the main reason I started this blog was to keep people up to date with our adoption process, I thought it might be a good idea to let you know how it's going.  I've decided to count February 10 as the start date for our "paperwork pregnancy" since that is the day that we received our first packet of paperwork to fill out (even though there were many phone calls and e-mails prior to that date).  We have completed the first round of paperwork (I think it was something like 20 pages) and background checks.  Our initial home visit is scheduled for Tuesday, March 29 (which means I will spend all weekend cleaning :), this visit is a precursor to the home study that will happen sometime in the near future, at the initial home visit our caseworker will bring us even more paperwork and background check forms.  We begin parenting classes on Tuesday, April 19.  They are every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-9 for four and a half weeks.  Denise, my good friend and mentor when I was teaching, is the instructor for the parenting course, so this could be interesting (I'm just glad that Amanda, the other founding member of Team One, won't be in class with me so I won't be laughing the whole time, I'm sure Denise appreciates this too :).  We're excited to finally be seeing some progress in this crazy journey!

1 comment: