Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Music, Mayhem, and the Lake

For Memorial Day weekend, since we had an extra day off of work, we met Sam's brothers and some friends at Lake Eufaula.  When we began planning this trip we weighed the options and decided to tent camp.  I'm so glad we did!  Aaron arrived early and picked out a great camping spot, then the rest of us trickled in throughout the evening and night.  During the weekend we spent a lot of time on the water although we didn't wakeboard much due to the excessive winds.  While we were down there, we also went to a Gary Allen concert (part of the Music and Mayhem production) which was awesome!  They even had wine slushies at the concert which were amazing (I seriously want to buy a machine so I can drink these again)!!!  I don't have a lot of pictures because a.) it was windy on the water and I didn't want my camera to get wet, b.) I didn't want to have to carry it around at the concert, and c.) it ran out of battery sooner than anticipated. 

 
Campground View A


Campground View B


The Arsenal
(Yes, we had two boats and a waverunner for nine people.  Excessive, maybe.)


Although the wind made it rough for the boats, it was fun to ride the waverunner on the choppy water.  


 Ben and his crew checking out the concert area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment