Sunday, September 18, 2011

IIIIIIII Love a Parade! (and Other Weekend Festivities)

This weekend, Sam took me to Perry (the town where he works) to watch their parade.  To say I like parades would be an understatement!  I love everything about them from the floats to the joy on spectators' (specifically children's) faces.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the parade:

No small town parade is complete without the local high school band.

The clown on the left is one of our awesome neighbors.  The clown on the right is his son (Brock and Boone's dad for all you HP people).  I think I'll print this one out and give it to them. 

This picture makes me laugh.  These guys were the beginning of MANY Shriners

Some of the clown car Shriners (I don't know what they are really called, but they do drive clown cars :). 

Check out these three wheeler Shriners popping wheelies.

Personally, I thought they were a little old to be riding like that.  I was afraid they were going to fall and break a bone or two. 

 Here come the Ditch Witch machines.  Ditch Witch is the company that my husband works for. 

This is the Super Witch.  Basically, it's a souped-up trencher that is super loud.  

Oh yeah, it does wheelies too.  

She had to be tired of riding like that by the time the parade was over.  

How cute is this little mini-me rodeo clown.  

What a great way to end the parade!

After the parade, we drove to Tulsa to hang out with Ben and Kim during the OSU-Tulsa football game.  It was delayed for three hours due to rain meaning that kick-off wasn't until about 12:15 a.m. (yes, you read that right)!  We went to a bar to watch it, but left at midnight since it hadn't started yet.  The plan was to go to Kim's house and watch the game (translation - girls sleep while boys watch game), but her electricity was out, so we just went back to Ben's house and crashed.  I felt really bad for those poor college guys that were having to play a game that late.

On Sunday, we had a little fun taking pictures of Kim's newly adopted dog, Scout.  Isn't she a cutie!



2 comments:

  1. I wish I had known about the parade! How fun! And, seriously, I think Kim needs TWO adoptees (Dobby) cough cough. ;)
    What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Castro Family

    I don't know why didn't I think of Dobby when Kim told me she was looking to adopt a dog. He met all of her requirements (housebroken but not too old). As for the parade, we didn't know we were going until we actually left the house.

    ReplyDelete