Monday, November 7, 2011

So I Made a Few Scarves...

Saturday I woke up really wanting to sew.  Luckily, I had a couple of scarf tutorials pinned on Pinterest, the material to make them, and the time to do it.

The first scarf I made was an infinity scarf that I've been wanting to try for a while.  I followed the super easy tutorial at H is for Handmade and couldn't be happier with the outcome.  Can you believe I scored this awesome fabric at a thrift store for $3 last week.  It was 1 7/8 yards long and 60 inches wide so I actually had enough fabric to make three scarves (which I did once I realized just how easy it was).


The second (or fourth, depending on if you count the two additional infinity scarves) scarf I made was a ruffle t-shirt scarf.  Even if you don't sew, you can make this scarf.  I bought a 4X t-shirt at Wal-Mart (because it was only $2 more than an XL and had lots more fabric :) and ended up with enough material to make two scarves.  You can find the tutorial over at Tidy Mom.  I really suggest you check it out, it was THAT easy!  I will definitely be making more of these!


The only thing I did differently than the tutorial was that I sewed across all the pieces in the back to keep them together, but you don't have to.


And there you have it.  For less than $10 and in less than an hour and a half, I have five awesome new scarves.  Well, I have two new scarves and three friends have a surprise headed their way.

1 comment:

  1. Three friends?! *cough cough* Sure do love those scarves...LOL
    I have a tee for the scarf, but I'm waiting until you decide to scarf again, so I have expert pointers...hee hee

    ReplyDelete