Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Joy That is Infertility Treatment

I have a few hours to waste today, so I thought I'd take advantage of this time and update everyone on our family expansion process.  Currently, I'm sitting in McDonald's in downtown Oklahoma City waiting for 11:30 to get here so I can go back to the fertility clinic to get inseminated (sorry if that's more info than you want (if it is, you might want to stop reading now)).  We got here at 8:00 this morning for Sam to do his part, he has since left to go back to work because he's really busy right now.  So here I am, killing 3 hours in OKC by myself (too bad none of the stores are open yet).

I'm nervous today.  I don't know why since I've had this procedure completed on my no less than six times (and to be honest, it hurts less than a pap smear), but I am.  I think I'm nervous because this is round 1 of 4.  The four final chances for us to have more biological children.  Also, Sam had his wisdom teeth removed Friday and I'm a little concerned about how his medicine and diet since then might influence his count. 

On the plus side, there are a few positives in completing fertility treatments in the summer as opposed to winter.  One is that I wear slip on shoes with no socks daily, this decreases the time spent undressing in preparation for the exam and redressing afterwards.  Another is that I have been wearing short sleeve shirts which helps in drawing blood.  These things are helpful because as part of the study I have driven to OKC five times in the last three weeks, during each visit they complete an exam and draw blood (most of these visits are at 7:30 am so I can make it to work without being too late). 

On the adoption front, unless something crazy happens, our file will be ready for the August meeting (each month Oklahoma DHS hosts a meeting during which they try to match children available for adoption with potential parents)! 

I know that God answers prayers in one of three ways - yes, no, or wait.  I pray we finally get a yes in response to our prayer to have a family (I thought we were getting a yes with Aubrey, but I'm not sure what it falls under now).

1 comment:

  1. the things that we go through to have sweet babies! praying for you guys during all of your steps!

    ReplyDelete