Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let Me Tell Ya 'Bout My Best Friend

I met Julia my freshman year of college when she was my next door neighbor in the dorms.  We moved in and, along with my room mate, quickly became friends.  We spent every Thursday evening eating Little Ceasar's pizza and watching Friends.  When I attempted to play inter-mural softball, Julia was there to support me.  When she had orchestra concerts (this girl plays a mean French Horn), I was in the audience with her family.  We even sold attempted to sell CD's for a friend while he performed at a local coffee shop.  

I was thrilled to be the maid of honor in her wedding (on my 21st birthday!)!  And I love that her kids call me Aunt Courtney!

She's the type of friend who goes along with the joke when you nickname her unborn child "Dave."

As well as the type of friend who shows up the day of your daughter's funeral and hands you a hanger with a compete outfit on it because she knows that you really don't want to wear maternity clothes and none of your pre-pregnancy clothes fit yet.  (To this day I wear that outfit when I feel like I'm going to have a particularly rough day,  it just feels like she's giving me a hug.)

She's also the type of friend who sends you this in the mail for Mother's Day with a note saying more charms will be added with your future children's names.

 Happy birthday Julia!  I hope it's as great as you are!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a weepy, sobby mess now...so thanks. I love you with my heart of hearts...you're the dearest friend i've ever known. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am a weepy sorry mess and I don't know either of you. It is heartwarming that you both have each other.

    ReplyDelete