Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween morning, I invaded the neighbor's porch for a little photo shoot like I did last year.  Too bad our neighbors moved so instead of dragging everything three houses down in a wagon I actually had to load the kids and stuff up in the car and drive 2 miles. Oh well, it was worth it to get some decent pictures since, once again, I didn't decorate our porch.  I thought it would be cute to first take some pictures in their Halloween shirts.  Joseph wasn't fond of this idea and I had to bribe him with a sucker to get him to even consider sitting next to his sister.  It's not that he doesn't like her, it was just that he LOVES the Castros and didn't understand why we were hanging out on their porch instead of going inside to play.


No, he wasn't trying to bite her.  He loves giving his little sister kisses!

After I finally got a "that'll do" shot or two, I decided to put the kids costumes on them and see if I could get any pictures.  Since Sarah was barely a month old at Halloween, I decided to just use store bought costumes (I know, I shocked myself).  To make it even better, Joseph's costume was a hand-me-down from a friend (judge away, I still have my sanity ;).  Of course, I wanted their costumes to coordinate, so I was thrilled when we pulled the monkey costume out of a box of clothes and realized that Sarah could be a banana.

I brought a banana for Joseph to hold as a prop, but he decided he needed to eat it too. 


When the monkey decided he was finished sitting by sister banana, I took a few individual pictures of them.

Isn't this banana costume the cutest thing ever!

A monkey costume was perfect for Joseph because he is always climbing on stuff and he loves bananas.

He didn't understand why I kept making him pause his banana eating to take pictures.


That night, I took the kids to visit the neighbors on either side of us then we passed out candy at our house.  Joseph loved it!  Every time the doorbell would ring, he would stop playing, jump up, and run to the door where he would wave and tell the kids hi.  It was so cute to see his little monkey bottom swinging as he ran to the door!  He would stand there while we passed out candy, then wave and tell the kids bye.  It was truly adorable, I wish I would have thought to video it.

As we were getting ready for bed that night, I asked the hubs if he would be willing to dress the whole family in themed costumes next year.  He said yes as long as he agrees to the theme first.  Guess I better start thinking about what we could be. 


1 comment: