Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Costume Party 2012

Last weekend we reluctantly left the babe with Sam's parents (I say reluctantly not because I didn't want to leave him with the grandparents, just because I didn't want to leave him) and attended an out of town costume party with some friends.  Sam and his brother had been planning on being Willie and Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty for some time (I'm proud to say it was my idea since Sam wanted to be something that embraced his beard).  When we found out that they would have a Phil with their group too, we decided to ditch my costume (I had secretly been working on a duck costume) and add Uncle Si.  Our costumes were good enough that people who don't even watch the show knew who we were.  I loved being Uncle Si because I got to walk around saying things like "let 'er rip, tater chip" and "it's on like donkey kong" and calling people Jack all night long.  Don't worry, the boys didn't have any shells for the shotguns at the party and they forgot about the duck calls in their pockets shortly after arriving.

I didn't get pictures of many of the other costumes, but here are the few that I did get.  At one point, Sam was walking around taking pictures with what I assumed was our camera.  Turns out, it was the host's.

Big Tex made an appearance.

Wooderson and Slater were there.

I'm not sure who this guy was supposed to be, but all of the other guys seemed to know.  He put a LOT of time and effort into his costume.

I have to say a HUGE thanks to the in-laws for staying at our house with Joseph and the dogs all weekend so we could have a little down time.  You guys rock! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment