Monday, August 15, 2011

Lawton Rangers Rodeo

This weekend we relived one of my childhood memories by going to the Lawton Rangers Rodeo.  If you've never been to a rodeo, you should definitely put it on your list.  They're just good 'ol country fun.  I was playing with the new camera (I am still far from a photographer, in fact, this was my first time to shoot in manual mode), so here are a few pictures from our weekend.

Check out these cutie patooties who rode in the grand entry.

We went on Saturday which was military night.  Most of these young men and women are stationed at Fort Sill for basic training

The cannon was always my sisters least favorite part of the rodeo.

Look how fast those guys are moving.

I didn't have my camera in rapid shot mode yet, so I missed the remount.  One of the guys seriously runs and jumps on!

Instead of lining up with the other kids for the calf scramble, these two decided to run to the other end of the arena where the calves were.

Look at all those kids participating in the calf scramble!

Here are just a few more pictures I took that night.



0 comments:

Post a Comment