Thursday, August 18, 2011

So I'm a Crazy, Paranoid Psycho

Preface:  My husband is out of town for a couple of days, so it's just me and the dogs at our house.  Last night during my final conversation with Sam, he told me to be safe.  I said, "Don't worry, I have a huge dog and my buddy Glock 40 cal (my pistol who is normally locked in the gun safe with the other guns), who would want to mess with me." 

Story:  I was sleeping last night (about 11:30) when our dogs started barking and growling like nobody's business (if you've ever been around our dogs, you know they don't bark unless it's something important).  I woke up with a pounding heart and laid in bed trying to figure out what was happening.  I slowly reached over and turned on my bedside lamp.  Suddenly, our power started flashing like in a  horror movie (seriously, it would get dim, then dark, then bright, then dark, then dim...).  The whole time this was happening, our dogs continued barking and growling.  I grabbed my phone and pulled up the radar thinking it must be about to storm.  When the radar appeared, I noticed a small green spot over Stillwater, but nothing big enough to signal a storm (also, I couldn't hear anything outside).  That's when it dawned on me... someone was trying to cut our power line and break into our house  (I mean, what else could it be?!?!).  

I pulled Sam's number up on my phone so if someone walked into our bedroom I could hit the call button and he would know I needed help.  During this time, I was too afraid to get out of bed and grab my pistol (it isn't loaded, but their is a full magazine in the case with it so all I have to do is put the mag in, cock it, and shoot)  which was tucked safely under the bed (way to step up, Courtney).  That's when the electricity went out completely and I started hearing thunder and I knew that I was safe.  A few minutes later, our electricity came back on.  This whole episode probably lasted less than ten minutes (including when our electricity came back on), but it felt like a lot longer. 

Thank goodness my husband will be home around 10:30 tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment