Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crafting Away a Beautiful Weekend

How did I spend this amazingly gorgeous weekend?  Crafting of course (I did have the doors open to let in a breeze :).  Let me start by saying I love my husband!  He knows the way to my heart isn't through flowers, but rather crafting supplies.  My sewing machine broke a couple of weeks ago, so he surprised me and ordered the new machine I've been dreaming about.  I'm loving sewing with it!  Here are a few of the items I made this weekend.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that nicknames my friends' unborn children. 

As a few of you know, my sister is expecting!  She doesn't know the gender yet, but I couldn't resist making a few onesies for the little one. 

My sister's last name is Bowling, so I thought it was only appropriate to make a bowling themed onesie.  Moo, is it as corny cute as you imagined?

Since my brother-in-law is a baseball fan, I thought a baseball onesie was in order.  I might do it a little differently next time (either make the faux stitching extend all the way to the sides or use embroidering floss for the stitches), but I'm happy with the finished product.  I know some of you are thinking, "Isn't that a little boy-ish?"  Well, if it's a girl, I'll make sure she has a red bow to wear with it.

And lastly, I saw this tutorial on Craftiness is not Optional a little while back and have been itching to try it every since.  I'm loving how it turned out and can't wait to make more!

1 comment: